Re: How do I work the rocker switches on a '77-'80 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How do I work the rocker switches on a '77-'80 MGB
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:03:32 EDT
Yes, my 1978 MGB has words ("Hazard" & "Fan") on the swiches.  My emergency
flasher switch is a two-position switch (as compared to the fan which is a
3-way switch).  When the flashers are "off" the switch is level with the dash.
When I turn my 4 way flashers "on" I push in the top of the switch, i.e, the
end
labeled "Hazard".  This is opposite to the way the fan switch works which is
off with the top part all the way "in".  Hope that helps!

BTW - exercising the flasher switch 20-30 times has fixed my slow blinker
problem.  Their brightness and speed has certainly been ramped up a bit.
Thanks
to all who offered up that little tidbit of advice!
thanks,
Donny v
1978 MGB

In a message dated 5/3/2004 4:51:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time,