RE: Quick top cover question

To: "'mg list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Quick top cover question
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 01:17:12 -0400
IME if you have a properly fitting folding frame top it will be about 1.5
too short to fit over the stow away frame.  My favorite thing about the stow
away frame is that when I lived in Colorado, I could leave it home all
summer and only put it on if the weather was rain all day.  Most of the time
the rain there was in the early afternoon while I was at work so the tonneau
would keep the car dry and I could drive topless (the car) to and from work.
In a climate where weather is frequently inclimate I would, and do, use a
folder.  I think that there was an intermediate folding frame that was only
around for a couple of years but I don't think that I have ever seen one,
but I have heard that they are more inclined to cut the top during folding.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer