Re: Quick top cover question

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Quick top cover question
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 21:55:50 +1030
Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:

> Plus you may well get wet
> while trying to put up the stow away in a sudden storm.

Way back when I was able to put a top on my 'B (pre-rollbar), I used to
chuckle on club runs when it started to rain and I could stop at a red
light, reach back and pull the top into place and lock the clips before
the light turn green.

Those with the "stow away" tops had to stop by the side of the road in
the rain.  Assemble the skeleton and drape the top over it.  Then button
it down.

If it was a heavy cloudburst that could leave you quite wet.

Of course, the reverse was equally fun.  Stop at the lights - flick the
clips and throw the top back.

I could go for a stow-away unless it was really necessary (like if I got
one that fitted over the rollbar - because there is no room left behind
the seats for the fold-away top).

I never really used that space behind the seats for anything much anyway
(but there was still a bit of room below the folded-away top).  And yes,
the full tonneau cover went over the folded down top if you did it correctly.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII