Re: Paintless dent repair?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paintless dent repair?
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 05:32:19 -0700 (PDT)
--- Scott & Lynn Hower <howersl@att.net> wrote:
> I'm wondering if this can be fixed with "paintless
> dent repair".  Anyone
> ever done this?
> If so, did it work?

I've used paintless dent removal (The Dent Wizard) a
number of times on my wife's cars with varying degrees
of sucess.  And when I worked at RENNTech, they were
always the first people we called for little dings and
so forth.

My experience is that it gives good results with small
dings, like door dings or something.  But if the dent
is a little larger or has muliple facets to it (like a
"crunching" dent), it's not likely to get that kind of
thing out.

And, of course, they have to have access to the back
of the dent.  So your door apnel would be fine, but if
there was a ding, for example, right under one of the
taillight housings, they wouldn't be able to get to it
to repair it.

Call the Dent Wizard guy and have him come out and
look.  If they don't think they can get it out, they
are not likely to tell you they can, because you're
going to find out the truth pretty bloody quickly!

Best of luck with it,

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005