MGA transmission mount

To: "'mg list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA transmission mount
From: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 19:42:43 -0700
OK, another question. I have this beautiful newly rebuilt tranny for my
'57 MGA, but before I put it back I in the car I need to replace the
transmission mount. I have the new mount, but I'm not sure how to get
the old one out. A few whacks with a hammer did little good. The new
mount shows that it will only go in and/or out in one direction, as
there is a flange on one side. So, how do I get the old one out? Get a
bigger hammer? I hate to really screw it up by pounding on it to drive
it out. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Howard Battan
'57 MGA - kinda