RE: MGA transmission mount

To: "'mg list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGA transmission mount
From: "Howard Battan" <battanhr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 12:34:24 -0700
OK, I got the old mount out, thanks' to Barney's method. Putting the new
one back in, however, I hit a snag. Following Gordie's advice I rigged
up a large socket on one side, a 1 1/2" coupling pipe fitting on the
other side, various washers, and a 1/2 inch threaded rod. Everything
looks perfect, but the mount won't pull in. Right now the mount is in
the freezer hoping it will shrink enough to pull it in.

Any reason I can't (carefully) heat up the transmission case at the
mount location to expand it? Is there any danger in heating up the
aluminum, such as ruining the temper or some such thing?

Thanks again

Howard Battan