RE: steering rack alignment

To: "'TJ Tryon, Jr.'" <tjt@insightbb.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: steering rack alignment
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 23:43:22 -0400
I had the local Goodyear corporate owned store set my V8 up custom.  It is
an autocross car but is also my daily driver.  I had them set the toe to
.04" toe in.  A lot of places won't touch MGBs, the standard response is
that they don't fit on the rack.  The truth is that they fit on almost every
rack (barely) but it is a good excuse for we don't know the settings and we
don't want to deal with your rusted piece of junk.  I had to schedule my
appointment for a specific guy that "knew" old cars.  He had just finished a
horrid job with a rusted and seized '80s Caddy.  He was so happy that
everything on my car was clean and lubricated that he took the time to set
the toe on each wheel equal to the .01"

Most auto crossing street cars are running .5 to 1.5 degrees toe out, but it
is a very individual setting.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer