Re: Hot weather overheating

To: "Marc Siegel" <smarc@abs.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot weather overheating
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 17:04:32 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc Siegel" <smarc@abs.net>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>; "'Larry Daniels'" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 4:09 PM

I don't know about water wetter (what is it anyway, a surfactant like a mild
soap?) but it's my understanding that plain water is highly corrosive.
Doesn't seem like a good idea for an engine that you're not planning to
rebuild soon...

*****************

Water Wetter is a coolant additive made by Red Line Oil that, as I
understand it, lowers the surface tension of the water.  The really hot
spots on the head boil the water that comes in contact with them.  The lower
surface tension of the water prevents the bubbles from forming and
insulating the head surface from the coolant.  Or so they say.

It does contain rust/corrosion inhibitors and lubricants.  According to Red
Line it works with all anti-freezes.

Understand that I'm not trying to sell the stuff, but I've used it with some
success.  It may be worth a try for those with overheating issues.

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_coolant.asp

They also have a tech paper for those who need to know "why":
http://www.redlineoil.com/whitePaper/17.pdf

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE