Re: 72B on eBay-your opinion please

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 72B on eBay-your opinion please
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 23:01:42 -0500
I've seen worse '72's (like ol' rusty red beside my garage).  I'm not
too down with this:

Buyer to pay high bid amount, 8.1% sales tax, $24.00 title transfer,
$25.00 processing fee, $35.00 state service fee.  Payment to be made
prior to PICK UP- PLEASE

Why would the buyer pay 8.1% sales tax?  Where I'm from, you pay
vehicle sales tax based on where you live, not where the purchase was
made.  Also, I would never pay 100% of the money before picking up the
car.  I could see maybe 20% (to cover eBay fees in case of deadbeats).
With the exception of maybe title transfer, the rest of those fees look
like car dealership fodder.  Although here in Arkansas, title transfer
consists of signing the back and handing it over to the buyer!

Plus it's missing the middle wiper arm! :)

Kevin
'68B