Re: somewhat OT - Chevy S10 dilemma

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: somewhat OT - Chevy S10 dilemma
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:31:40 -0600
Geez, I think I hate those guys even more than Chevy/GM. But on the other
hand, my son did get their catalog shortly after he got the truck and it
does make a nice reference guide. Fortunately, he hasn't had to order from
them yet. They list a few accelerator cables (or is it "throttle cables"?)
but the only picture corresponds to the wrong one.

But I did get some good advice from a few other listers. One was to try
gmpartsdirect.com, a nice start but it had no pictures and no accelerator
cables. The other was the dealer. I had already called them but this time,
I asked if they could reference the part number to the VIN. So they did
that and they claim that the VIN indicates that the titled 91 S10 is
supposedly a 92 with a different part. And as usual, the part is scarce
enough to warrant a special order even though we have one of the largest
Chevy/GM dealers in the region. Should be here Monday so I'll be able to
see if its the right one then. I'm sure glad I drive a MG where parts are
readily available!

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B