Re: Getting back on track (was Alternatives to de-smogging)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Getting back on track (was Alternatives to de-smogging)
From: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmort@bezeqint.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:43:37 +0200
> Now to get back on track:  What type of fuel economy are people getting in
> their MGs right now and how much is a tank of gas costing?

Well, lessee here -
no speedo or odo, so I have to activate the gears in the grey matter -
the trip to Jerusalem is 70km, takes under half a tank there and back -
say 15 liters for 140 km @ an average speed of 100kph  (bursts up to 130 or
so).  It's a pretty steep road, but that balances out coasting back down,
right?
OK 9.33 kilometers/liter = 21.94 miles per us gallon.  Not bad, not great.
Should probably be higher than that.  Gotta fix that overdrive one day.

Gas here is at 5.15 shekel / liter, which comes out to $1.15/liter or
$4.35/gallon.

RMort
70 roadster (no smogging, never had it, never will)
Tel Aviv