Clutch plumbing

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutch plumbing
From: "Marc Siegel" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:29:03 -0400
I installed the replacement line from my clutch master cyl to the slave this
weekend on my '80B. Started out with a tubing bender, but quickly realized
there was no way I was going to be able to do that with the engine in place.

So I gave up on that, managed to install the tubing with pretty much
everything in situ, but I'm not happy with the result. I had to settle for a
few lazy turns from point A to point B.

Short of pulling the engine, is there any tricks to getting a somewhat
neater installation? I have managed to clear everything & make sure that the
tubing is not rubbing anywhere, but I'm concerned about the future longevity
of the tubing. I'm going to have a hard time clamping it down.

I haven't pulled the old piping out yet, as I didn't want to destroy it just
yet. I decided to replace it as the threaded end was mangled while replacing
the flex hose, and I snapped the end off (whoops!). Can those lines be
spliced in any way?

--
Marc Siegel, Charm Net, LLC.  eMail: smarc@abs.net
Baltimore, MD  http://www.charm.net      voice: 410/361-8160