Re: Clutch plumbing

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch plumbing
From: "Don Vierling" <Don.Vierling@stago-us.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:50:38 -0400
I agree, I wouldn't want to have any more joints in the plumbing than
necessary!  Clutch plumbing is simpler though, so I thought maybe a
coupler would be of some help.  I'm not sure I understand the original
problem, though...why couldn't Marc get his clutch pipe installed into
the correct position?  I'm thinking perhaps you need to remove the old
pipe first, duplicate the bends in the new pipe and then snake it into
position.  Probably the answer I should have posted in the first place.

Donny V
78 MGB

>>> Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com> 6/21/2004 2:02:57 PM >>>

You're right, I wasn't paying attention. But, my point was, the idea is
you
aren't supposed to ADD any more points of failure than are strictly
necessary.

Adapters aren't the issue. In-line couplings are, since they require a
slip
joint of some kind. But clutch failure is unlikely to get anyone
killed, so
I won't make a big deal out of it.