Tires - chosen on the way.

To: Mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tires - chosen on the way.
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:39:54 -0500
I had this in another email reply to Rick, but figured, it got pretty
long, so I'll send it alone.

I've ordered tires. Which was a discussion from last week.
Dwight McCullough (Brian's Dad) here in the Twin Cities, has a
distributor discount from Tire Rack. So He's getting me tires at
cost, and mount/balance for $10.

I went with Kumhos. He said they are making good tires. For 185/70
all you can get is Touring, but they should be plenty. They should
be in next week. $29 a tire.

They'll be going on the Rosytles. Oh, Jason, you might check with Dwight
or Brian for an extra set of wheels. I don't know if they have any, but
you never know.

I've been looking at different wheels since I got the car, but could
never justify them. There's a nice set of 5 LE wheels on ebay now, over
$400 for 5 wheels. Then theres a set of American Racing 5 spoke, modern
wheels, that might fit. 14x6, with 4x110 and 4x114.3 (4 1/2 inch), that
doesn't have any bids yet at $75 starting. I think they'd look alright.
An offset of 35 would be right in the ball park. Kelvin had some 14x6
Minitaurs for $400, I think. I just worry that 14x6 would be too wide
and have rubbing issues.

So Rosytles are fine.

Oh, one other thing. If anybody is on the mini-sota.com web site. Brian
McCullough's email address is wrong. It just bounces. His phone number
works though.

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root