Re: Elec ignition...a good thing or bad ?

To: MGALUVR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Elec ignition...a good thing or bad ?
From: MGBnutt@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:32:32 EDT
Bill,
I'll pass along the same info I give everyone: My uncle in Colorado has a
Pertronix Ignitor in both his TD and his MGB.  His nephew in Florida has a
Pertronix in his MGB.  My other uncle in California has one in his MGB.  So
that's 3
people I know who've had success with that particular brand in 4 different
cars.  The Pertronix is popular since the entire unit fits under the
distributor
cap and retains the stock appearance in your engine bay.  My MGB has a
Piranha electronic (optical) ignition installed by one of the previous owners
and,
AFAIK, it seems to work OK.

In any case, it's a common upgrade for many older cars and I think you'll
find a lot of listers will respond to you positively on this.

Donny V
78 MGB

In a message dated 6/27/2004 5:05:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,