Re: What is this?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What is this?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:56:50 -0700
You didn't say on the inside or the outside of the cockpit.

On the inside, large, chrome,with the opening on the top, that would be the
tonneau bar socket. The problem with mounting a windscreen there is that the
seat back is in all likelihood positioned about 3 to 6 inches rearward
(unless you and your passenger are very very short). This is why the tonneau
bars curve to the rear almost a foot, rather than aim straight across.

Of course, it might work if you imitated this rearward arc.

There is also a small rectangular socket on the outside of the cockpit,
behind the rear edge of the door, which I use to hook the bottom edge of the
stowaway top. I didn't think you were referring to this one, it's pretty
wimpy.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149