Re: Your OTHER cars

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Your OTHER cars
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:39:58 -0500
I have sort of an eclectic mix in and around my main garage / workshop
right now
(note that I've always found it easier to accumulate projects rather
than finish
them).  In the garage I have the following:

'78 MGB roadster - converted to chrome bumpers with a '62 Buick V8 and
Camaro 5-speed
in it
'39 Chevrolet Master Deluxe Sport Sedan
'01 Camaro SS - 340 Hp 350 ci V8, 6-speed transmission, 25 mpg (my rear
around daily
driver for my 95 mile daily commute)
'74 Tiumph TR6 - autocross car, stripped for prepaired class
'70 Corvette roadster - 350 Hp 350 ci V8, 4-speed transmission, I've
always like
the chrome bumper stingrays and this was about the last year before
compression
ratios started dropping, this one is at 11:1
'54 MGTF 1500 RHD - one of only 18 export 1500 RHD models produced in 1954
'67 MGB roadster - a Florida car awaiting restoration, no rust ever in
the floors
or rockers / sills

Sitting ouside the garage is:

'49 Chevy 3600 (3/4 ton) truck with a wrecker bed on it - still works, I
was hauling
around some parts trucks this weekend with it
'49 Dodge 1/2 ton pickup with a '53 Studibacker V8 and overdrive
transmission in
it
'51 Chevy 3100 (1/2 ton) pickup with an '84 Camaro V8 and 4-speed
transmission in
it

In the old garage is:
'70 MGB roadster - it was hit and wrecked about 10 years ago and I
decided to replace
the floors and sills at the same time I repaired it

In the garage by the house is:

'89 Toyota MR2 - 1.6 liter engine with a 5-speed and T-tops, a first
generation
MR2 and what I felt the MGB would have evolved in to if it had continued
in production
- which did happen when the MGTF came out

In the barn:
'76 TR6 - hit in the front and wrecked in '78, it has no rust at all in
the rockers
and is sitting there with a nice sandblasted and painted frame hanging
from the
rafters above it
'56 Farmall 450 tracter - one of the more useful items I have around the
place

Those are just the interesting vehicles that I have around, they don't
include the
other more utilitarion vehicles or parts cars that I have.

I have been contemplating another purchase recently (a '63 Kaiser Jeep
4wd pickup)
but after typing this list I don't think I need it.  The scary thing is
that I've
actually cut down recently on the number of vehicles that I have around!

Kevin Brown
Odessa, Missouri  USA