Wanted: 41599 Distributor

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wanted: 41599 Distributor
From: Emjaxfl@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:44:16 EDT
Greetings to All,

Once more, there is a need to talk about dizzys.

I have a '74 B with engine from a '75 (18V797AE). Does anyone have a correct
and properly functioning dizzy for this engine, the 45D 41599, that they would
like to sell? I will reimburse the shipping costs.  It seems that this part
is NLA from Moss, VB, or Proper MG.

I have the replacement 41427 in the car now, purchased from Proper MG. This
has been my only disappointment with them. Despite my explanation of the '75
engine in the '74 car, I was assured that the 41427 unit was correct. The car
runs reasonably well with the vacuum line not connected but not enough advance
at high RPM.

I also have a 25D, 41369 dizzy in the parts bin that was in the car when I
bought it. It appears to function quite well; it maintained dwell angle with
nearly zero fluctuation. If any of you have a need for this, please let me
know.
IIRC, this properly belongs in a Spridget with a 1098. All bids accepted,
please include them.

Thanks to all for their contributions to the list.

Happy MGing!
Eric in Florida