Re: Exhaust manifold

To: "Larry @ Paragon" <larryhoy@marketvalue.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust manifold
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:00:45 -0700
Larry,

The manifold is one of the two styles fitted to MGBs with 2 SUs. (Gee, ain't
that a clever statement! You'd come to that conclusion yourself, I
gather......)

Trouble is, the only difference between the two is the thickness of the
flange where the manifold attaches to the head, and this can't be determined
from your picture. If you make sure that the inlet manifold you use has the
same thickness flange, or if you build up/grind down one manifold to match
the other, you can use it on any MGB with either HS or HIF carbs and the
stock 2-into-1 headpipe.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center