Re: Glue for under hood insulation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Glue for under hood insulation
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:05:50 -0600
At 10:51 AM 7/15/2004 -0500, Jason Spaeth wrote:
>You can use this same glue for the black covering that is located between
>the dash and windshield.  It is similar to the 3M super 77, except it is
>made for high temps and it is very expensive.

The stuff I used was a 3M spray adhesive, high temperature variety. It
wasn't terribly expensive - I think Moss sells it for about $15 for a can.
I used it for the under hood insulation as well as for some of the interior
carpet. And I still have lots left in the can. I also have the regular
stuff (not listed as "high temperature") that I bought locally for more
like $4-$5 for a can that I used for other areas not exposed to much heat.
It seems to hold well and yet comes off if necessary - the two properties I
was looking for.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B