RE: Billet shift knobs

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Billet shift knobs
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:49:40 -0700
Max:

The alloy shift knobs were developed to ensure correct driving habits.
As taught in most driving schools, the shift knob is only to be used
during shifting, and with a solid clean throw.  The exact amount of heat
transfer during this time period was calculated and the density of the
alloy shift knob adjusted to ensure that when shifting correctly a nice
warm feeling is generated, which enhances the driving experience.

Anyone leaving their hand on the shifter which loads the shifter springs
and is understood to be a poor driving habit will however receive a
nasty burn.