Garage Find Bleeding Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Garage Find Bleeding Question
From: canews@telus.net
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:53:54 -0600
Okay, we are almost there. This 58A that I found runs excellent, all the
electronics are working. Now just the hydraulics.

When I first got the car it had clutch but no brake. Okay, so logical place to
start is with the duel master, rebuilt that.

Now I need help, how do I bleed a system that is totally dry? Lets assume all
of the wheel cylinders are okay. When I fill the reservoir, how does the fluid
get down to the cylinder with the line full of air. Should I just open all the
bleed screws and let it work its way down? Or should I bleed it like it had
fluid and have an assistant pump while I watch for bubbles?

I know this may sound elementry, but I'm very anxious to get this thing
running and this is my last hurdle (I hope).

I'm not worried about bleeding the clutch slave, that line has fluid in it, so
a simple bleed should work.

So please can someone explain this to me like I'm six years old so I can get
it done tomorrow and maybe start driving this car.

Cheers

Grant Bush
Edmonton, Cnada
50 TD