Re: Heat shield material

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heat shield material
From: ejrussell@mebtel.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:04:23 -0400
> Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:30:40 -0500
> From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@centurytel.net>

> What's the skinny on that wood-burning stove heat shield material?

> > Look here in the MGB album:
> > http://community.webshots.com/user/ghnl1961

I was too frugal (ok, cheap) to buy a new heat shield when I changed it over to
dual SU's. The old heat shield I got with the SU's needed repair. I bought
the 'Wood Burning Stove Heat Shield' from a local hardware store. It was 3'x3'
piece of "mineral board" with a sheet metal cover. I bent back the lip of the
metal cover and used a piece of the 'mineral board' to repair the heat shield
for the MG.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC