Re: Synthetic oil / pressure

To: "Carl French" <leylandauto@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: Synthetic oil / pressure
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 23:11:41 -0400
Sorry...haven't put it in any of my MG's...but after
opening up a '72 B engine I'm restoring (100K+ miles)
that's been running Mobil 1 ever since it first came out
(this 72 B is a one owner car) I was stunned how clean
it all was.  Comp. is still 165psi +/-2 in all cyls and the engine
has never had any previous work done on it.

So it convinced me to try it in one of my own cars.
Previously running Castrol 20/50  = 600cold idle 750 cold running
50-600 hot running   25-30 hot idle
With Mobil 1   10/50  65 cold idle    85 colr running
55 hot running    20-25 hot idle

I've only got about 150 miles on the Mobil 1, and the oil
looks like I just poured it in 190 minutes ago.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com