Re: Synthetic oil / pressure

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Synthetic oil / pressure
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 00:54:40 -0500
Carl French wrote:

> OK, I think that 'maybe' we have identified your problem. You Need to
> be running 20/50w oil. The 10/30 is way too light for the engine.
> What are you running in your transmission? I am confident you will
> see a marked improvement in oil pressure.

Any time there's a marked drop in oil pressure and no knocking, I always
remove the oil pressure relief valve and carefully clean out any metal
particles or anything else that might serve to hold it partly open, then
reassemble it. Very often, this brings the pressure back up.

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
JJ Cale Live CD and video: http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm
The Wednesday Night Science Project: http://www.wednitesciproj.us