Re: Aston Martin color codes - SOLVED

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aston Martin color codes - SOLVED
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:54:08 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for all your help and ideas.  With your
suggestions, I finally tracked down the answers I
needed, but they weren't what I thought they would be.

First of all, Aston Martin apprently didn't even USE
color codes until around 1988 or so.  I guess a lot of
the cars are painted in colors of the buyer's
choosing, which may be a totally custom color or a
color from another manufacturer.  So tracking down
paint formulas on old Astons is essentially
impossible.  You sort of just have to mix and test and
tint until you get something you like.

But through the help of a lister who remembered that
Porsche used a color called "Bahama Yellow" during the
1960's, I was able to determine that the paint in
question is indeed an old Porsche color, which the
original owner of the Aston Martin must have
particularly liked...  and finding Porsche paint codes
is easy.

So I got the paint!  Thanks again for all your help,

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005
A vintage driving event in the spirit