Re: Aston Martin color codes - SOLVED

To: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aston Martin color codes - SOLVED
From: <bilking@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 19:39:09 -0400
: But through the help of a lister who remembered that
: Porsche used a color called "Bahama Yellow" during the
: 1960's, I was able to determine that the paint in
: question is indeed an old Porsche color, which the
: original owner of the Aston Martin must have
: particularly liked...  and finding Porsche paint codes
: is easy.
:
: So I got the paint!  Thanks again for all your help,
:

In 1972 I was working as a mechanic at the local Porsche Audi dealership
when a member of the DuPont family drove up in his Maserati Ghibli.  He
bought a new 911S because the Maser was not dependable enough.  We sent a
paint chip from the door of the Ghibli and his favorite shoe to match the
leather.  The car showed up about 5 months later and the color match was
pretty good considering it was done by eye.

Someday I will tell the story of the dentist who complained his S was
breaking up at 135 mph.  And to think they paid me to do that job!

Best,
Bill
59A that barely makes 135 kph

Check out the new British Cars Forum: