MGA Starter

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Starter
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 20:01:10 -0400
MGA won't start.  Pull on the starter knob and get nothing, just a little
click.  Pulled out the battery, since it was 3 years old and a lesser brand
I was hoping that it was the culprit, tested it and it was in good shape. Oh
well.  Put it back in and removed the starter.  Can turn the Bendix by hand
and the little nub that sticks out from the back of the starter rotates the
entire shaft.  In the past I could put a set of jumper cables on the starter
and if working it would spin.  When I do that to this starter all I get is a
bunch of sparks.  Does this mean that the old starter has given up the
ghost?  I can't think of anything else.

THANKS!

Mike R

Check out the new British Cars Forum: