Re: Datsun B?

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Datsun B?
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:04:58 -0500
The Fairlady was "inspired" by the MG. The first was a 1500 and had
a side-ways jump seat in the back.

My brother's first car was a 67 1/2 1600. I loved that car. I was 12
when he got it. It was a bucket of bolts and rust. He loved it too.

He then bought a 69 2000 that was stripped down as an autocrosser. He
made it a full race car, using the 1600 engine and got his license with
it.

The 2000 came with optional Solex side-drafts, weber copies. It was also
an overhead cam. 150HP. Rich's 2000 had the Solex's but they weren't
from the factory.

The headlights are right up front, the hood (bonnet) folds forward. The
"scoop" in front is functional. The trunk is a bit smaller and the rear
is chopped off.

The engine came from a fork lift, 1500's and 1600's started as 3 main.
The 67 1/2 got a 5 main, but the wind shield remained lower, and better
looking in my opinion. 68-70's wind shields looked bad, like the Aston
Martin freshing of the B's wind shield.

I got a poster from Nissan a while ago, I think it was the 40th
anniversary. It has a picture of all their cars that were brought over
to the US, with the Roadster (as it's called) almost as prominent as
the 240Z.

It started my love of sports cars. And actually, I was looking for one
of them, when I found my first 'B.

Paul.

--
    ______      Paul T. Root