Header Rail Seal

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Header Rail Seal
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 16:00:58 +0100
Got a new one of these and immediately noticed that the two 'bumps' that
press down onto the top of the screen frame, when the seal is viewed end-on,
are not symmetrical with the body of the seal.  One sticks out slightly and
the other is recessed slightly.  Checked the old one on the car and that is
the same, with the sticking-out side facing backwards.  The old one has
always been a pain as I have to press it outwards from inside the car before
fastening the clips to stop it getting trapped, and orientated the way it is
the rearward 'bump' that is sticking out and so makes this
trapping more likely.

I've put the new one on the other way round, although not glued it in
position yet as recommended by Porter, who incidentally makes no reference
this 'handing'.  Now I can clip the header rail down without having to push
the seal out of the way first.  Externally instead of the front 'bump' being
wholly on top of the screen top rail it is now on the edge, but in fact I
think this may contribute to a better seal.

Comments?

PaulH.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: