RE: Throttle Shaft leakage

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Throttle Shaft leakage
From: "Marc Siegel" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:56:24 -0400
Well, the symptom is that as the car warms up, I can't get the idle down
below 1500 RPM. I've checked for vacuum leaks using carb cleaner spray at
all the usual suspect locations with no change. I've ensured that I have
enough slack in the throttle and choke cables, and also that the butterflys
(Dual HIF's) are centered and seating properly.

However, spraying the carb cleaner at the end of the carb(s) where the
throttle shaft comes though produces a marked change in the engine speed,
hence my feeling that they are leaking badly...

They don't feel particularly loose or sloppy however...

--
Marc Siegel, Charm Net, LLC.  eMail: smarc@abs.net
Baltimore, MD  http://www.charm.net      voice: 410/361-8160

Is it bad enough to cause a problem?  What are the symptoms?

> Looks like I have a "slight" leakage problem at the throttle shafts.

---