Re: Brake Proportioning Valve

To: mgb72@airmail.net
Subject: Re: Brake Proportioning Valve
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:50:26 +1030
Chad Cooper wrote:

> Eric,
>
> What rear disc system did you use?  I ask because I did the SAAB conversion
>and
> the proportioning has been good.  No issues with the rear getting more than
>the
> front (I assume this is your problem)

I will forward you a copy of my earlier mail about exiting the track,
sideways at great speed.  My last outing wasn't so bad because I knew
what to expect and compensated... but this last time also I had decent
rubber and it was still too much rear brake.

My new back end is:

Aussie BORG WARNER Limited Slip Diff
3.7 ratio
28 spline (for bloody great axles - look twice the thickness as 'B axles)

Nissan rear disc brakes
with Bendix METAL KING pads (all 'round)

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

Check out the new British Cars Forum: