Re: car cover dos and don'ts

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: car cover dos and don'ts
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 16:51:22 -0800
Considering that the non-LBCs you list are all Hyundais, I wouldn't worry
about it. Not to disparage Hyundais in particular, but they are not any kind
of specially valuable collectible vehicle, and would be expected to pick up
normal wear and tear in the general course of things.

The type of cover you describe should be fine for protection from sun,
birds, and tree sap. But don't leave it on the car wet (which essentially
means, take it off the car if it looks like rain, and don't put it on a wet
car). If you live in a windy area, you might want to make sure you only put
it on a clean car. In fact, your best policy is to keep both the car and the
cover as clean as possible, as it is the dirt between the paint and the
cover that causes problems.

I certainly wouldn't bother putting a car cover under the car cover... maybe
on a Bugatti, but I think I'd manage to park the Bug indoors.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149