Re: pulley removal

To: "Larry list account" <list@marketvalue.net>,
Subject: Re: pulley removal
From: <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 12:34:51 -0500
yes..the rope in the plug hole works great. I'd add though....
pull your rocker cover and rotate the engine till the cyl's valves
you're going to use are closed. Feed in about 3-4ft with the end
remaining 'out' the spark plug hole rotate the engine till it compresses
the rope and the bolt can then be removed.

I also use this same method for popping the head off.
I fill #1 and #4 cyls with rope.  Blip the starter and the head
will pop right loose no matter how stuck it is.

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com