Re: No LBC - Craftsman Tools R. I. P.

To: "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com>, Kevin Smith
Subject: Re: No LBC - Craftsman Tools R. I. P.
From: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:32:30 -0500
Stanley HQ was (still is?) in Connecticut I believe.  In
fact if I remember correctly, it was in New Britian.  I
believe that you are right about them being shamed into
staying.

About the MAC or Snap-On; if you see then somewhere you can
always go over to the truck.  They will sell you stuff.   I
believe that you can order she Snap-on tools on line...

Gene
80 B

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:56:44 -0600
 "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@iaces.com> wrote:
> I never much liked Stanley stuff. Always been a Craftsman
> guy.
>
> I remember a couple of years ago, Stanley announced that
> they were moving Corporate Headquarters off shores,
simply to skip out on paying taxes.

> I seem to remember they got shamed into not doing this.
> But, either way, I vowed never to by Stanley again. Not
really much of a threat since I rarely bought it in the
first place.

http://www.nni.com/