Re: More Moss Mishaps

To: mlambdin@towson.edu, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More Moss Mishaps
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:39:49 EST
In a message dated 23/11/2004 5:10:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mlambdin@towson.edu writes:

I agree,  Bill. It's not like we're buying parts for a bicycle or lawn
mower...which are  easier to find, cheaper and probably better made.

Very funny.

Just so it doesn't seem as if I have nothing positive to say - I  replaced
the rubber seals on the splash plates inside the fenders last night.  They were
a dead ringer for the original extrusion, had remained supple in the  bags for
years and when installed were a perfect. replica of the original. Well  done,
Moss.

My local shop tells me that the 'curved' version of the octagon trim is
preferred by MGB owners, yet I could detect no significant curvature on the
boot
lid of my MGC.

And old stock part we found, flat so it fit the boot lid, even had the pins
line up passably well. ALL of the other ones they had (presumably this
represents current production) has a definite curvature to it and doesn't fit
the
MGA boot - but they told me that the MGB owners prefer them that way.

Do you MGB owners want out-of-flat octagons? Do you find that they fit
better?  The parts books give the same numbers for MGA and MGB/C so I have  to
wonder what gives.

Bill