Re: eBay item 4509065623 (Ends Dec-05-04 11:10:46 PST) - MG :

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: eBay item 4509065623 (Ends Dec-05-04 11:10:46 PST) - MG :
From: Kevin Smith <ksmith40@centurytel.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:45:48 -0600
On Monday, December 6, 2004, at 04:54  PM, Eric Erickson wrote:

> Well, it worked for him.
>
> Obviously a salesman.
>
> I think a lot of people miss a lot of opportunities when they sell
> online - you still have to SELL!

Exactly.  Someone who actually gets it, when it comes to selling on
eBay.  EVERYTHING I've ever sold (mostly computer stuff, old and new)
on eBay has gone for much higher than the exact same items offered by
others.  Why?  Because I speak about the items honestly, and include
enough pictures that the buyer feels like nothing is being hidden.  The
only times I've had buyers ask questions were when probable buyers ask
an obvious question just to start a paper trail (a good practice).  And
there can never be enough pictures when it comes to cars.  I once found
a BGT on eBay that was located in Mena, AR (a couple hours away) and
drove down to check it out.  It looked like an $800 car in the one
picture, but was a $400 car in person.  I splurged and overbid $500,
but it went for like $650.  That guy did the opposite: putting less
photos in hopes of getting more bids, and it seemed to work, somewhat.

This individual car looks really nice.  One I'd be proud to drive.
Sure, the engine compartment could have gotten the same treatment as
the exterior and it's obviously not concours, but how much fun does
being concours actually add to the driving experience?

Kevin