Master Cylinder

To: Philly_MG_Club@yahoogroups.com, Mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Master Cylinder
From: "James Schulte" <schultejim@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 08:38:30 -0500
Tech question
I'm about to pull the MC on my 70B. It is leaking from the front brake
connection. I plan to open the bleed screws and drain the system first. Then
pull the MC and look at the threading on the male and femal connections.
1 Anything I'm forgetting or should do up to this stage?
2 Can the fitting in the MC be tapped or replaced without sending it out to
one of the vendors for repair. The MC is working fine otherwise. Someone
suggested to use plumbers tape. To me, that's a band aid. I'm prepared to
fix this right while the driving is limited.
I'm also going to drain the oil and antifreeze.
3 Where is there info on flushing the rad and engine before I put new
antifreeze in?  Do I need to do this if I haven't had a problem with over
heating?  The rad was recored in 2000. I haven't changed the antifreeze
since then. The color of the antifreeze does not indicate rusting or a muddy
look. What do you think?
JIm
69C
70B