Re: Master Cylinder

To: MG List <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 09:29:38 -0800
on 1/6/05 5:38 AM, James Schulte at schultejim@msn.com wrote:

> 3 Where is there info on flushing the rad and engine before I put new
> antifreeze in?  Do I need to do this if I haven't had a problem with over
> heating?  The rad was recored in 2000. I haven't changed the antifreeze
> since then. The color of the antifreeze does not indicate rusting or a muddy
> look. What do you think?
> JIm
> 69C
> 70B

It doesn't sound as if you are in need of flushing (that sounds funny
somehow), but the antifreeze really needs to be renewed more frequently than
that if you live in a climate where sub-freezing temperatures can occur. The
green dye has more longevity than the active ingredients.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149