Re: MGB: Bouncing Speedometer Needle

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGB: Bouncing Speedometer Needle
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:22:11 EST
Mike,

I agree with all said below, but I will add that you can add lubricant to
the cable and that often helps what ever is causing your particular  problem.
Just unscrew the cable from the housing on the rear of the speedo  and pull the
drive element out of its case.  Grease it up and slide it back  in, easy to
say but sometimes it takes a number of tries to get it all the way  back in.
Do not grease within about 8-10 inches of the speedo to keep  grease from being
sucked in, a bad thing.  What you use for the grease is  the subject of some
debate, but I've used lithium grease to good effect.

Jay Donoghue
72B-GT
66Mustang

In a message dated 1/7/2005 12:13:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,