RE: Speedo Head Right Angle Drive

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: RE: Speedo Head Right Angle Drive
From: "Christian, Skip" <wellner.christian@navy.mil>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 11:47:24 -0500
Paul,

    Is there a rubber grommet (or supposed to be :-) where it passes through
the bulkhead ?  If so, what size (so I use the correct hole) ?  My car is LHD,
so no need, for me, for you to mix in the RHD info - too confusing.
    Mine works because the cable goes from the speedo through the bulkhead (on
the left side facing forwards), then finds its way to the trans.  I thought
the cable didn't look right in the engine compartment (on the left side).
    So it supposed to come out of the right angle drive pointed towards the
right side of the car.  Then run behind and below the dash vents ??  I think I
have the correct cable judging by the amount of old grease in the housing.
Sounds like I just need to route it correctly and spring for another RAD.  I
need a license plate that reads "Monetary Black Hole"  :-)

Skip    '74 B