Re: More Parts Adventures

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More Parts Adventures
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:11:44 EST
In a message dated 24/01/2005 11:37:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
barrie@look.ca writes:

I agree with Charles - rechrome the old ones.  I paid through the  nose for
my bumpers and overriders but looking at the repros it was worth  it !!

____________________________________

Yup - I have 2 complete sets of Moss sourced  bumpers, brand new in the
wrappings. Had one for 20 years, one for less than  10.

Both are garbage with some peeling chrome,  no-stock profiles, over-riders
don't fit, flat surfaces all wavy  etc.

Rest assured that I am rechroming the original  parts.

Kelvin tells us that the problems were before  his time and that they are
trying harder today, and I believe him. It is hard  to excuse past
transgressions
as egregious as those bumpers are,  nonetheless.

Bill