Re: Rear Wheel Cylinder Question-MGB

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Wheel Cylinder Question-MGB
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 22:32:49 -0500
Hello again,
Sorry I hadn't noted type and series of B, but it's a '66 GHN3 series with
the banjo back axle.
I've persevered and found the answer to my own question.  Skye Poier has an
excellent site titled "The MGB Experience" and within that I found that
Denise Thorpe had sent in a tech tip regarding these clips.
I quote:
"The clip has three tabs that need to go into a groove on the wheel
cylinder. Loosely hook the two end tabs on the cylinder, not in the groove,
and then pry the middle tab over the cylinder with a small screwdriver. At
this point, all of the tabs are around the cylinder but none of them are in
the groove. The tabs can then be pushed into the groove with the
screwdriver."
In addition I must point out that I first locked the cylinder into the back
plate so it couldn't come out by clamping vise grips to the hub in a
location that prevented the cylinder from moving, the vise grip body being
tight against the cylinder body.
My last two clips snapped right into place exactly as intended. No
substitute parts and no grinding away clip ears as some folks suggested.
Thanks to all for your assistance. I hope this will help someone else.

Actually a Healey guy.....
Rich Chrysler