floor liquid

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: floor liquid
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:09:15 -0700
This has never happened to me before, but I have read about it on this list.

Today when I was leaving work, I noticed a liquid on the floor mat in my
67BGT. I instantly knew there was a problem because this time of year, water
does not exist in the liquid form outdoors plus it was fairly dry ayway so it
could not have come from my shoes. Placing my finger tip on the substance, I
noticed it was a yellowish brown oily like material.

My brakes and clutch worked fine on the drive home but a brief inspection
shows that it appears to be my brake master cylinder although I haven't
removed the cover yet for final verification. So it looks like a rebuild may
be in my future. Anything I need to know or problems I may encounter? I have
done the 70s B master cylinders many times and I'm sure the single reservoir
style has to be much easier. I can't recall if I have done one of the early
ones because if so, it would have been over 20 years ago. I may also invest in
one of the Gunson Eezibleeds or equivalent. But will I need a special cap in
addition or does it come with all the parts I need?

David Councill
dcouncill@msubillings.edu
67 BGT
72 B