MGB Automatic

To: MG_List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Automatic
From: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 20:32:26 -0500
I have just uprated my list membership from digest
to the full tilt, so I expect to be participating
more here.

I'm looking for some advice about MGB automatic
transmissions.  I just acquired one, a Borg Warner
3.5 as I understand, as part of a large stash of
MGB parts I bought.  I'd like to get some idea of
it's value.  I have the bell housing, flywheel, a
new-looking torque converter, a backing plate that
might be unique to this setup, a starter I'm told
is also unique, and the shifter console.

Is there much of a market for these?  Is it rare
or just a space consumer now in my garage?  I
haven't spotted any on ebay yet.