Re: MGB Automatic

To: Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>, MG_List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Automatic
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:34:30 -0800 (PST)
The Borg Warner Type 35 auto box is very common. Even in the US they can be
sourced from old Austin Americas and such. Now, what can be rare is the things
you mentioned like the engine backing plate and the B gear selector (the chrome
style). Those and the other bits were for the most part B specific as I
understand so as a package can be worth a few hundred. Th market is for those
MG lovers that have a disability that prevents them from shifting (with some
MGers getting along these will probably be in more demand. Please do not toss
this stuff.
Carl French

Jim Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net> wrote:
I have just uprated my list membership from digest
to the full tilt, so I expect to be participating
more here.

I'm looking for some advice about MGB automatic
transmissions. I just acquired one, a Borg Warner
3.5 as I understand, as part of a large stash of
MGB parts I bought. I'd like to get some idea of
it's value. I have the bell housing, flywheel, a
new-looking torque converter, a backing plate that
might be unique to this setup, a starter I'm told
is also unique, and the shifter console.