Stuck Wire Wheel

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stuck Wire Wheel
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:28:15 -0600
Some of you may remember that last summer I was looking for ways to get
a stuck WW off the left front hub of my B.  Tried driving in circles
with the knock-off loosened, various pullers, etc, etc.  Nothing worked.

   So, last Tuesday we split the wheel hub with a cutting torch and
pried it off.  Replaced the hub and wheel with parts from a donor car.
Spent 4 hours on that sucker, what with taking 45 minutes to get a long,
pretzelled cotter pin off the donor and having to set the hub's end play
on my car.  What a PITA!

   So, boys 'n girls, if you ever find a wheel that doesn't come off
readily when rotating the tires and lubing the splines, don't put off
tending to it like I did.  You'll regret it later. I know I did.

   Cheers,

    CR