MGB large brake pads

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB large brake pads
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:42:16 -0800 (PST)
I have a set of larger-than-stock brake pads in my
1971 MGB at the moment.  I bought them out of a
popular MGB performance catalog, and they dropped
right into the stock calipers.  But they weren't
terribly cheap, and they look like regular old brake
pads to me.  They are larger, true, but they don't
look like anything particularly exotic, if you know
what I mean.

I need to replace them, and someone once told me that
these were actually just TR8 brake pads.

Two questions:

1)  Are they actually TR8 brake pads?  Because if so,
then I can get them much less expensively, and/or
choose from a much wider array of compounds.

2)  There are two different TR8 pads listed on the
various Triumph sites.  1979 and earlier and 1980.
Any idea which once would fit my MGB?

Thank in advance,

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com