Re: lights!!!!!

To: sumton@sbcglobal.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: lights!!!!!
From: Saabnutty@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 20:08:37 EST
There is a spring loaded pin you must depress to remove the knob first. Then
the chrome ring comes off and the rheostat will come out of the dash.  (I
didn't not disconnect my battery...)  The shaft on mine was seized and I ended
up
removing the unit, soaking it with some penetrating oil overnight and then
exercising the shaft before reinstalling it in the dashboard.  I also
disassembled it per instructions on some web-site and reassembling it.  It is
quite a
fragile unit (inside) and while it was apart it was easy to watch the "stop" at
each end and not over-torque the innards.  I'll look for that URL...

Good luck!
Donny V
1978 MGB

In a message dated 3/1/2005 11:50:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,