Headlight prob.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Headlight prob.
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:56:49 -0800
Listers,
Here's the problem. Out at a car show last night. Left to go home. turn
on lights. Someone says your passenger light is yellow, not bright
white. Lights are Hella H4's. and give a beautiful pattern on roads in
Florida. Got home. parked car and in morning I took headlight rims and
looked at Lucar connections.
Here's what I found:
1. Removed lucar connector from back of headlight bulb. Red/blue lucar
connection starting to melt.
2. Quickly checked driver's headlight. All OK
Here's what I did, so far:
1. Tightened up the blue/red connections by the front grill, ground
black connectors seemed to tighten up as did the red/blue connectors.
2. Wrote to the list.
Anything more to check? Good thing when I pulled into garage, I noticed
wisp of smoke? coming from that headlight. that prompted quick action
this morning. I can replace just that lucar, right?
TIA,
Dave Houser